Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Senate Slumber Party

Much has been made of the Senate's "all nighter" Tuesday/Wednesday. Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid (D-NV), called it a filibuster but I contend it was a "bust."

Whatever happened to the filibuster depicted in "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington?" Jimmy Stewart talked so long he started losing his voice and almost ruined his health.

I contend that our Senate is nothing but a bunch of "pansies." I wonder how much the taxpayers had to pay for this show of nothingness. We know that we got to pay for pizza, wings and Chick-Fil-A and cots for them to sleep on. Sound like a slumber party to me; wonder if they got popcorn, too? What they called cots I call roll-a-way beds. A cot is what our service people have to sleep on... I grew up knowing them as "Army cots." There certainly isn't a mattress on them.

Senate Assistant Majority Leader, Dick Durbin (D-IL), made comments regarding the how Senate showed our service people that they are willing to sacrifice,too. I have no doubt that there isn't a military person in the world that would like to sacrifice the way the Senate did Tuesday night. This was a tremendous sacrifice on the Senate's part... they got a little extra rest before starting their five (5) week summer vacation. Just one more reason why I keep saying...

Don't re-elect incumbents!

No comments: