Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Health Update 9/28/08

Day 1 on the new regime was Wednesday starting with the dexamethasone (steroid). My blood sugar immediately took off for the high(er) ground. The blood sugar was high Wednesday and Thursday (Thanksgiving) then yesterday and, so far, today they have actually been normal... not normal for me but normal for normal people. It's so confusing! Anyway, I take the dexamethasone every seven days during the cycle.

I also started the coumadin and Revlimid on Wednesday. Since the Revlimid can cause blood clots I have to take the coumadin to keep my blood thin. I go in every week to have my blood checked. This week, it was a little early since I had only been on the regime for three days, but next week will be a full blood test.

Other than being extremely tired and pretty emotional I have been doing well.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving; I did!

No comments: