Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Monday, December 11, 2006

Forgiveness and Judgement

This is a partial re-post from my thoughts and readings from September 16, 2006. Circumstances have lead me to believe that it might be useful, again. Please read the scripture below... even though we have accepted Christ as our Saviour we will still stand before God and have our deeds judged. This judgment will determine our rewards in Heaven. Take heart!

"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the whole duty of man.
For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil." Ecc 12:13, 14 (emphasis added)

Knowing that in the future we will stand before Jesus Christ and face a review of our lives should motivate us to live righteously and faithfully in the present. (Nelson's NKJV Study Bible, commentary, page 1951)

I have learned to forgive those who have done me wrong or whom I perceive as having done me wrong; and ask for forgiveness from those I have done wrong. The relief is awesome and rewarding and sacred.

When I come to my end time I want many to remember me with fondness, miss me and pray they could go with me. I want them to rejoice that they knew me and had time with me. I want them to remember our times together and laugh and say we had much fun!

These things are important to me! They should be important to you. One never knows when ones end will arrive! Judgment can be severe.

I'm not posting a mid-week advent reading from my friend Paul. He would agree with me that this message is more important at this time. I will post a Third Sunday of Advent reading from Paul sometime Saturday night.

No comments: