Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Support & Defense of Israel

I will make you a great nation;
I will bless you 
And make your name great; 
And you shall be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you; 
And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
(Genesis 12:2-3; New King James Version; BibleGateway.com)

Do you know where your Presidential candidate stands on the support and defense of Israel?

Based on Bill Clinton's actions don't expect Hillary to support and defend Israel. Bill Clinton was supportive of Yassar Arafat and the PLO and pretty much cold shouldered Israel during his entire two terms. Why would Hillary have a different opinion? Although I have asked what her stand is on Israel, I haven't had any response and there is nothing on her web site.

There is only one candidate that I have found that has taken a public stand on Israel. That candidate is Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Do we want a President that will abandon Israel?

Governor Mike Huckabee's Policy on Israel:

I am a steadfast supporter of Israel, our staunch ally in the War on Terror, the only fully-functioning democracy in the Middle East, and our greatest friend in that region.

  • The United States must remain true to its long-standing commitment to the Israeli people.  
  • As President, I will always ensure that Israel has access to the state-of-the-art weapons and technology she needs to defend herself from those who seek her annihilation.

I've visited the Middle East extensively over the past thirty-five years, including nine trips to Israel. I salute and support Israel as our staunch ally in the War on Terror and our greatest friend in that region. As the only fully-functioning democracy in the Middle East, Israel occupies a unique position both geographically and geopolitically. Israel is an important partner in the spread of freedom and democracy throughout the Middle East and the world.

The United States must remain true to its long-standing, bipartisan commitment to the Israelis. I will always ensure that Israel has access to the state-of-the-art weapons and technology she needs to defend herself from those who seek her annihilation.

No comments: