Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Days of Darkness

"But if a man lives many years,
And rejoices in them all ,
Yet Let him remember the days of darkness,
For they will be many.
All that is coming is vanity. Ecc 11:8

And I do remember the "days of darkness" and many they were. Even though there are still occasional "days of darkness" they are much fewer and handled reasonable better (I think).

"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the whole duty of man.
For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil." Ecc 12:13, 14

Knowing that in the future we will stand before Jesus Christ and face a review of our lives should motivate us to live righteously and faithfully in the present. (Nelson's NKJV Study Bible, commentary, page 1951)

I have learned to forgive those who have done me wrong; and ask for forgiveness from those I have done wrong. The relief is awesome and rewarding and sacred. When I come to my end time I want many to remember me with fondness, miss me and pray they could go with me.

There are many I want to rejoin inside the "Pearly Gate" i.e. Grandmother, Papa, Dad, Mommie, Hollis, Ina, Pat, Paul, Bob, Drooper, Brandy, Holly and so, so many more. I want to know what happened to the dinosaurs, Elvis, John Kennedy, etc.

No comments: