Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Sunday, October 1, 2006

Messianic Jews

Friday afternoon I went to pick up Reilee at the day care so she could spend the night with Grandma and Papa. Wondering around looking for the day care I found a Messianic Temple. I don't remember not knowing that there are Jewish temples all over Kansas City, but I am unfamiliar with "Messianic Jews." So, I had to do some research. I went to: http://www.menorah.org/mjews.html. Take some time to visit this site; it's informative and interesting.

The way I understand Messianic Jews believe in the Torah and it's teachings, but also believe in Yeshua (Jesus). This brings a question to my mind... Will the 144,000 come from the Messianic Jews?

Revelation 14:1

"Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads." (NKJV ~ Biblegateway.com)

Something I agree with that was in an email I received today:

Regardless of your feelings about the crisis between Israel and the Palestinians and Arab neighbors, even if you believe there is more culpability on Israel's part, the following two sentences really say it all:
If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence there.
If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel there.

No comments: