Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Thursday, October 26, 2006

"Giants" of Faith and Character - Part 3

From Paul Berry an...

Paul Berry was one of the most faithful, sharing, intelligent and interesting people I have ever known. Not only was he one of my very best friends, he was a friend to Cheryl and Cory. I got to know Paul living in Hutchinson, attending the same church, serving on church committees together and having children close to the same age.

Even before he moved across the country from me he became my personal minister and confident. After he relocated he continued to minister to me and many others via email. I could always rely on Paul to deliver an apt message for each holiday and numerous messages for Lent and Advent. Many of these messages I still have and use.

Paul had many life experiences and many of these he shared. At one time he had a ministry around the Grand Canyon that was accessible only via airplane; he had High Tea with the Queen of England (of course there were many others there, but that was unimportant); he had a great love of books and art.

I know that Paul will be waiting inside the Pearly Gates with our Saviour and he will be ready to volunteer to show me about.

"When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with
Him in glory." Colossians 3:4 (Nelson's NKJV Study Bible)

No comments: