Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Taxation without Representation

Recently, I have felt that we are being taxed without representation.

When Congress passed the "stimulus bill" none of them bothered to read it before voting for it. They had no idea what was contained in the bill, yet they voted for it. That wasn't representing me. So what are they doing up there other than drawing their breath and their pay?

Next, Congress has stood by and supported Obama in taking over Chrysler and GM. A recent Rasmussen poll shows that only 1 out of 5 Americans support the GM bailout. Yep, that is 4 out of 5 of us are opposed but that doesn't make any difference to Obama or our elected Congressional representatives. Once again, I don't feel represented.

I was driving down a street in Lenexa today and noticed that a sign company was taking down the Countrywide Mortgage sign and replacing it with a Bank of America lending sign. This reminded me that I was opposed to the bank bailout. Sorry, as a former banker I'm still opposed to that bailout.

It seems like Obama's and Congress' method of solving problems is to force another bailout. Who's or what's next?

No comments: