Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Embryonic Stem-cell Research

This morning President Bush vetoed a bill passed by the Democratically controlled (with the help of a few Republicans) congress that would have expanded federally funded embryonic stem-cell research.

The bill would have expanded embryonic stem-cell research by allowing the use of excess human embryos that were created for fertility treatments and would otherwise be discarded. The key here is "excess." I don't consider any human embryo "excess" or "discard"-able. Imagine if you were considered "excess," or your child, or your grandchild.

Even though I am a two (2) time stem-cell transplant patient and thankful for the technology and treatment I used by own stem-cells. Embryonic stem-cells would not have put me in remission but would have caused me great guilt. There has never been a cure for disease using embryonic stem-cells.

I applaud President Bush for his decision to veto this bill!

Don't re-elect incumbents!

No comments: