Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day 2009

What a historic day! Although I have never been an Obama supporter it is truly a historic day in our nation and I really think the country was ready for a black president, as well as a woman president.

In my 54 years I have seen and remember some great days in our country and world; some were:

  • Walking on the moon;
  • An actor, Reagan, being elected president;
  • Seeing Reagan, in person;
  • Fall of the Berlin wall;
  • End of the Cold War;
  • The International Space Station;
  • and, of course, the election of the first black president.

I hope the youth of this nation realizes the times they are living through and experiencing.

No comments: