Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Living with cancer

"Sadly, many people get their happiness only from outward circumstances. As long as their lives are untroubled, they feel happy. But illness strikes, or a relationship breaks down, or any of a thousand other unexpected trouble engulf them, then happiness flees." Hope for Each Day Words of Wisdom and Faith by Billy Graham

Job 2:10 "...Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"...

Aren't both of these quotes so true? Is it just "nature?" Is it lack of faith?

Some people have commented that I have a good attitude about living with terminal cancer. It isn't always easy and the attitude isn't always good. There are always good days and bad, both physically and mentally. But I try to take comfort in the fact that I have a wonderful caring family and great doctors that know the science. Most importantly, I know I have a God that takes cares of me, loves me, and will never hand me more than I can handle.

With my wife's positive attitude and assistance, I decided bitterness wasn't going to help my situation and certainly wasn't going to improve my health. Too many people with terminal diseases cling to the bitterness and, in my opinion, make their health worse.

My suggestion turn loose of the bitterness, turn to loved ones, and believe and have faith in the Lord that created us.

No comments: