Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Health update 07.15.2009

My blood counts had not improved in the past two weeks, but they decided I could go ahead with the Revlimid but I can take it for only 14 days instead of the usual 21 days. After 14 days on the drug I will then be off of it for 14 days. After that I will go back on at a dosage of less than half what I'm taking now. I don't know yet how the cycle will be structured... 14 or 21 days.

One of the blood counts that is too low is the absolute neutrophils which has to do with my immunities. They expect that I will become neutropenic which simply means I will be more subject to disease and infection. I will have to be much more careful about being around people that are ill.