Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Sunday, November 5, 2006

A Bend In The Road - Part 1

I have been reading "A Bend In The Road: Experiencing God When Your World Caves In" by David Jeremiah. David Jeremiah is the Sr. Pastor at the Shadow Mountain Community Church, El Cajon, California. He is a cancer (lymphoma) survivor, also. This book is about his journey from diagnosis through remission and beyond and is very similar to my own journey. Many of his thoughts and experiences were/are my thoughts and experiences.

The next few posts I'm going to share some of the passages from the book that I "felt" and meant a great deal to me. They touched me and I hope they touch you, also.

"... God uses disruptive moments to help us keep things in perspective." p. 11

"God is up to something when He sends difficulty our way." p. 51

"If you don't know Christ, you must enter the battle without weapons or armor. You fight in your own strength, and you fall on your face.
Why? Because God is the only One who can help us when trials come into our lives. And He does more than help us. He is our rock, our fortress, our hope, and our confidence." p. 52

No comments: