Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Tuesday, November 7, 2006

A Bend In The Road - Part 3

More from the book.

"If we cannot see ourselves as heaven sees us, we cannot see ourselves." p. 117

"Someone has said that Satan knows nothing at all about pleasure, his specialty is amusement. Only God knows geniune pleasure." p. 136-137

"Genuine pleasure is ordained by God and intended for our deep joy and delight. It can only be captured by knowing God, realizing He knows us, and being at reqast in His presence." p. 137

"Learn to praise God regardless of your personal circumstances, and you'll see miracles occur. Your heart and mind will be renewed. Your perspective will widen panoramically. And your attitude toward God will never be the same." p. 144

"O, Lord my God, I cried out to You,
And you have healed me.

O Lord, You have brought my soul up from the grave,
You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit." Psalm 30:2-3, p. 149

"Problems encourage isolation, and isolation nurtures misconception." p. 183

"An old African-American preacher once commented... 'There's no living in the land of the living like living in the living God!'" p. 190

"Great works are done in deep waters." p. 206

"A devoted believer will pray for God's deliverance from problems, but a wiser one will pray for God's use of them."
"If you're weathering a storm, you can be certain the winds are no random weather front. They blow for a clear purpose. As you're caught up in a tempest, ask God to help you be caught up in His purpose."p. 208

"Unfortunately, prayer seems to be our last port in a storm. It should be the first." p. 209
"God knows, even if we don't, that we're not self-sufficient. He loves to bring us to our knees in fresh depoendence on Him." p. 211

"You are safer and more secure in the tempest with Jesus than you could ever be in the calmest place without Him." p. 213

From Mr. Jeremiah's journal:
"Lord, never let me forget that my mind must be fixed on You. I think of You so much more now than the time before my cancer arrived. I have become more sensitive now to Your will and to the process of becoming holy. I want my life to honor You. I want to live for You. I want to serve You wholeheartedly. In these days when I face an uncertain future, my heart would be troubled; help me to remember that 'You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You.'" p. 236

No comments: