Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Friday, March 2, 2007

Injustices, Stupidities and Presidential Ponderings

Martha Stewart convicted of lying to an FBI agent; Scooter Libby on trial for lying to an FBI agent. What is going on... Bill Clinton - "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!" Lie... when is he going on trial for lying to the entire United States population?

Kansas Appeals Court set aside a conviction of the former Westar executive Wittig because there was insufficient evidence. Obviously, these judges felt that a jury of Wittig's peers wasn't smart enough to interpret the evidence. The Kansas Appeals Court judges are secure in their jobs... but I think they should be impeached.

Kansas voters decide to vote former Kansas Attorney General, Phill Kline, out of office. But Johnson County, Kansas Republicans decide he would make an excellent Johnson County District Attorney. Turns out that the loser gets the winners old job. Phill Kline promptly fires most of the prosecutors in his new office... people that were hired by the man who defeated him for Attorney General. Now the fired employees are suing for their jobs. How much will Phill Kline's actions cost Johnson County residence? All for his act of retribution!

The presidential election should be interesting over the next year and a half. I don't know who to vote for, yet. But I do know who not to vote for... Hillary Clinton. She uses her Secret Service agents to keep citizens from asking her the hard questions. Her own employees say she is two-faced. It's not that I am opposed to a woman being President because I'm not. I think the country is ready for a woman President... just not Hillary.

Other than Obama and McCain I haven't really seen anyone that is too interesting. I'm so unimpressed with the field of candidates I can't even think who is running and who has already dropped out. I do think it would be nice to have someone new and fresh!

No comments: