Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sen. Chuck Schumer & U. S. Attorneys

A few days ago I posted that I agreed with Sen. Chuck Schumer (R-NY) regarding the firing of eight U. S. Attorneys. He feels these firings were purely political.

After listening to Sen. Schumer this morning on Meet the Press I am now convinced that they were not politically motivated any more than when Clinton fired all U. S. Attorneys or when Reagan fired all U. S. Attorneys. By tradition, the U. S. Attorneys serve at the will of the President, NOT Sen. Schumer.

I do believe that Sen. Chuck Schumer has started a new political witch hunt against the President. This shouldn't have surprised me or anyone else. This is one of his expertises. He needs to spend more time representing the citizens of New York than representing the Democratic party.

Once again, I say, Do Not re-elect incumbents!

No comments: