Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Monday, February 4, 2008

Giants win; we all win

I am not and never have been a NY Giants fan but I am so happy they won the Superbowl last night. I am even less of a fan of the Patriots than I am of the Giants.

I noticed when the Patriots made their last touchdown the announcers started assuming and talking about their "perfect" season. They commented that Tom Brady was the greatest quarterback. They had already wrapped up the game and were just congratulating and patting each other on the back. Once again the media was wrong!

The Patriots started out the season as a loser team by cheating and they ended the season as a loser team. Personally, I don't think they should have been allowed to play in the Superbowl. Sure there were fines paid, but what does this say to our youth... cheat, if you get caught you can pay a fine and all is well. That isn't the message I think our youth should be left with. Cheating is wrong, fine or no fine.

My Chiefs had a losing season, Miami had a losing season but in my book... both teams are bigger and better winners than New England is. As cheaters they are the worst team in the league!

This is why "we all win" because the Giants won without cheating!

No comments: