Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Monday, February 18, 2008

Refinery explosion

There was another refinery explosion; this one was in Big Springs, Texas. And the price of gasoline continues to spiral upward.

Have you wondered why refineries keep exploding? I sure have! It seems to me that over the past few years there have been numerous refineries that have been leveled. However, you don't hear much about new ones being built. As a matter of fact, I have only heard of one being built but I don't remember where it was. I do remember thinking that it was the first time I had ever heard of any being constructed.

We keep hearing of all these record profits the oil companies are experiencing. Why aren't they using some of these profits to build new refineries? Why build refineries when a shortage of gasoline would make the price spiral even higher.

No comments: