Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

health update

Cheryl and I just returned from my check-up with my oncologist and found out that my remission has come to an end.

My skeletal survey showed no new lesions and no notable change in existing lesions. The urine test was clean with no monoclonal proteins (myeloma). However, my blood test showed some monoclonal proteins where six months ago there were none.

I will be starting Thalidomide again in the next few days. The doctor feels that this is the best opportunity to keep the myeloma in check for the longest period of time. The Thalidomide takes a while to build up to full dosage so I will be going for blood work and doctor checks every two weeks for the next six weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My continued prayers to you and your family.

Kevin