Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

sinners and judgment

I finished the Old Testament a few days ago and have started on the New Testament. This year I am reading the Bible in chronological order. This week the following two passages have been in my readings:

After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” So he left all, rose up, and followed Him.
Then Levi gave Him a great feast in his own house. And there were a great number of tax collectors and others who sat down with them. And their scribes and the Pharisees complained against His disciples, saying, “Why do You eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” Luke 5:27-32 (New King James Version)

Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you." Matthew 7:1-2 (New King James Version)

I found it interesting that at first reading the first passage made me think of some churches I have attended that didn't want "sinners" in the church, only "good" people. The second passage reminded me that I'm guilty of judgment and, also, the first passage applies to me, too. As I read the Bible daily I find more information, instruction, prophecy and hope than one could possible have imagined.

When I miss my daily reading I really feel I have missed.

The following was email to me from a friend:

Let’s see;

can't trust..The President

can’t trust...Congress

can't trust...Big Banks

can't trust...Investment Firms

can't trust...Wall Street

can't trust...News Media

can't trust...Oil Companies

can't trust...Social Security

can't trust...Pharmaceutical Companies

can't trust...Catholic Priests

can't trust...Food Supply

can't trust...The United Nations

can't trust...Polls

can't trust...Scientists

can't trust...Russia

can't trust...Insurance Companies

can't trust...Court System

can't trust...Law Enforcement

can't trust...The Internet

can't trust...People

And On and On and On....

There is someone who is closer than a brother to anyone who accepts Him.  And He told me He is on His way here to call everyone to account for their actions.  The world has forgotten this...He hasn't...Do you know HIM?

No comments: