Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today's Health Update

Today's visit to the oncologist to get test results didn't deliver a complete surprise. The cancer is still slowly growing but he did have some concern about the results of one of the blood tests. One test wasn't consistent with two others so he was questioning the accuracy of the one.

I will have another visit on November 11. Before seeing him I will have a skeletal survey, and numerous other lab tests that I don't care to describe. I will continue on the thalidomide until the next visit. He indicated if the tests show the same results as the past three checks he will probably change me from thalidomide to Revlimid plus a steroid that I have taken before.

Most days I feel well. On other days I just don't feel up to par with nothing specific hurting or aching. Those days I usually don't move very fast, am a little unsteady on my feet and have some difficulty concentrating. Some would ask what is so unusual... I still have my warped since of humor most of the time.

Please continue to pray for a slowing or ceasing of growth of the myeloma. All your prayers are appreciated.

No comments: