Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oncologist 7/23/08

I went to the oncology office this morning. I had blood tests and saw the nurse practitioner. There was only one test that didn't look too good. My absolute neutrophils have decreased to the "low" side. Absolute neutrophils is a gauge of how susceptible I am to infection and viruses. In other words, my immunities are low, again. I go back for more blood tests in two weeks and in three weeks I will have blood tests and see the Oncologist. At that time we will decide if the thalidomide is working or not. If not I will start on another regimen.

I skipped biology in high school and hated science. I have often said the science teachers felt sorry for me and passed me simply because I was so stupid. Now, I wish I had paid more attention since I have had to learn all these scientific information... not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bill...I am happy to see that the humor is intact here. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wasn't too thrilled about science either.