Faith, Politics and Other Stuff

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 34:4

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

oncology check 7/2/2008

Cheryl went with me to the oncologist this morning. The IGG (monoclonal protein count) which indicates the growth of the myeloma was up slightly. The last test it was 1,200+, this time it was 1300+. He wasn't too concerned since I have been off the thalidomide for over a week because of my hospital stay.

I will start the thalidomide again tonight picking up where I left off at 150 mg daily. After 10 days I will increase to 200 mg and will stay at that dosage indefinitely.

Other stuff...

I still have my cough I've been fighting for months and months. I will finish the antibiotic on Friday that the pulmonologist ordered. The oncologist said if the cough wasn't better by the first of the week I should get back to the pulmonologist.

I really like all my doctors and think they are some of the best available!

No comments: